Thursday 2 May 2013

B for Brno, B for Bike!


As the Sun brought full colours of the spring to the country, people brought bikes to the streets of Brno. It have never occurred to me how hard it may be to bike through the city centre – until I have brought my own bike to Brno. It’s a beauty – a pink half-track half-road bicycle, brand new from the factory of bike Cadillacs ready to go into action. I have never really been much into pink and this pink lady is the first pink thing I own, but I must admit it does not strike me a little as girlish or barbie-like, rather as a funny recession. And of course I plan to upgrade its very face – drawing black something on the pink body will make the one be even more unique than it is now.
Nonetheless, the first thing that should interest bikers is how useful and how well-running their bikes are. You have plenty of chances to try it out on the roads and tracks of Brno. As there is little space for bikers next to all the cars in the city centre, you can perfectly test your brake action at the lights and acceleration when running down the hilly streets, not mentioning your physical strength when coming back – up those hilly streets. There is a long hilly street like that between my flat and my faculty, and I can tell that my face must be the same as the colour of my bike when cycling to school.
Source: Brnonakole.cz
If anything goes wrong with your two-wheel friend, there is an ocean of bike shops to fix it. There even is the International Bicycle Trade Show and exhibitions taking place once a year, where bikers eagerly tune up their rovers and get the hold of the newest hits. Bike devotees organise events such as the great spring bike ride through the city. If you get into a massive ride of such sort, you better be on bike than on your feet – both cases being a lot of fun, though. Another big thing is the project ‘Bike to work’ – a perfect combination of exercising and releasing stress before gathering it up in your office chair again. 
Source: Dopracenakole.net
 My curiosity also found out that there is the amiable possibility to join cyclotours organised by Masaryk University usually during the spring break, or closer to the end of spring semester. I have never been on such tour, but my instincts whisper that it must be huge fun – cycling across picturesque places with enthusiastic people, preferably on a pink bike to colour up the whole image. 

 To conclude things up, I would say that Brno offers a lot concerning biking, if your interest brings you to the right source of information. Despite the fact that many roads lack side track for cyclists, there is always a crowd of them happy people on two wheels riding across the city. It is not so desperate as it seems though, as there are some tracks worth taking the trip, as the one directing bikers to the lake and further away. When you take it, be careful not to fall, as apart from other bikers on the track, there are also these enjoyable distractions of trees blooming all along the track, birds singing odes to the reflection of the pure blue sky on the Brno lake, the sun shining bright into your face, and a girl on a pink bike!










No comments:

Post a Comment